Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Bored And Sick

I'm still sick and it sucks. Because I'm sick I thought I'd seek out hospitals in SL to rest. But ch'know what? The hospitals in SL suck! They're all about sex and fetishes! Ok so maybe not all of them but almost! I came across one and it wasn't really built yet but there was stuff in it and I got to weigh myself. I'm 5'7 and 123 pounds. I can live with that.

I did find a hospital room at a store, so I laid down for a while.

Sick

Now that I have a Flickr you guys will have to see lots of pics.

I got bored resting so I decided I'd try my hand at actually building something. But I didn't know what to build. There are so many talented builders in SL and it seems like everything that could be built has been already. So I just went to my favorite sandbox and started tossing prims around.

Building

I discovered that building is actually pretty fun. And frustrating. But mostly fun. Best of all, it's free and that's a good thing because you know I'm all about free entertainment. I still don't know what it is I built.

Textured

I picked up a huge box of textures at Sarah Nerd's Freebie Paradise. I love that place even though my letter is never on the wall of lucky chairs. I finally found a lucky chair last night at Goldie Locks that had my letter on it and I got a big pack of hair. I think all stores should have lucky chairs. Especially if the letter A shows up a lot.

Does anyone know of a good place to learn more about building? Maybe I should google SL building and see what comes up.

Alicia's Tip Of The Day: Building is fun and free. If you build a lot and get really good at it, you can sell your stuff. All the builders in SL started as beginners, so don't be afraid to just start throwing prims around.

2 comments:

Tozh said...

Check out Events tab in search. Look for Education. There are quite a few places running building classes for beginners. Most are free and you get to make things like glasses, or umbrellas, or prim skirts or gazebos. :) Just in case you need a gazebo, you know.

Alicia Chenaux said...

Oh thanks! I will definitely do that. :)