Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A moment of wonder

I don't really like to talk too much about what other people wear in SL just because I think fashion is a personal thing. It can be funny to make fun of bad fashion, and you should always tell your friends if something makes them look bad, but in general I don't mention anything. But something has been popping up a lot lately in my travels around SL and it's got me wondering.

I belong to a couple of groups for freebies, and when someone sends a landmark, it's not uncommon for 15 people from the group to all show up at the same time. But why would you show up like this?

Why?

There was no time limit on the freebie that would mean she had to run like crazy to go get it. And I waited a while to see if maybe she was wearing a prim skirt and it wasn't showing up, but no. This woman rushed over in her underwear and body oil. Thank god the freebie was a dress, since I guess she doesn't have any.

But I've noticed a lot lately that women are running around SL in...well, in their underwear. All the lovely clothing in SL, and they choose to walk around with their underpants up their crack, exposing all of us to their bodies. And what is with the oil?

I realize you can look any way you want in SL and that's great. But why go shopping in your underwear? Don't people have nightmares about showing up places only wearing panties?

Put some clothes on!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ROFL!!! OMG - I am ashamed to admit the number of times I have been getting ready to go somewhere and decided at the last moment I needed a different pair of shoes. So I dashed into Shiny things, Maitreya, or Zhao in nothing but panties and a bra. (My apologies to anyone who had to witness this.) But, I never use body oil so maybe that make sit a lesser sin?

Alicia Chenaux said...

LOL!! I go out in my pajamas sometimes, but maybe I'm just not confident enough to make it out there in my underpants. I think doing it sometimes is ok, but I honestly think some of these people do it everywhere because even their profile pics have them wearing nothing.

Anonymous said...

yes@ finaly someone has the guts to say this, it is annoying to arrive at a store and see someone dressed so very disrespectfully like this. it makes me wonder if they really care about themselves, there just selling themselves out to men doing this.once or twice i have imed them to tell them that they are only in there underwear, and ask them if maybe they forgot. some said they did, some pretended they did, but you could tell that they knew. and some said they did it on purpose, one said because shes a whore. i'm not kidding. many of these men in secondlife are runing women, with there stupid demands that they want for someone to be noticed and accecpted by them. like, why do you have to flirt with some creep just to be able to have any conversation with him. and if you dont use smilies thay say to use them, they like there women that way (i'm not kidding , this was once said to me). it's unfair. i'd like to know how they would feel showing up in clothes small enough to fit a baby and have to giggle to amuse them, all the time. bah!