Friday, January 25, 2008

Ev'ryone Deserves A Chance To Fly!

I have a confession to make.

My name is Alicia...and I am a lover of musical theater.

/me runs off to hide.

This week's obsession is the musical Wicked, which is the story of the witches of Oz before Dorothy showed up on the scene. It's pretty much changed my perception of the movie. But since I'm so into it this week, I thought I'd go and see if I could find Broadway in SL. As it turns out, there is one! It's a little disorganized, in my opinion, but that's theater. Still, I found a great little museum that has Victorian and Broadway items. I thought it was fantastic because I've always liked things from the Victorian era.

As long as I'm confessing, I will confess this as well. I actually squealed in delight seeing a poster for Wicked.

OMG WICKED!

There was also a charming little room with old Valentines on the walls.

Valentine Room

Definitely worth a look. I also got to tour the Broadway sim [2 sims, actually] in a flying thing and I just LOVE when sims have those! I'm easily amused, I suppose. But I always have to take the tour.

It's almost time for Primtionary!!

Defying Gravity

[And to show where I got the title of this entry, here's some lyrics!]

So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky!
As someone told me lately:
"Ev'ryone deserves the chance to fly!"
And if I'm flying solo,
At least I'm flying free.
To those who'd ground me,
Take a message back from me:
Tell them how I am
Defying gravity!

No comments: