Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Job Hunting

I've been continuing today on my quest to find an SL job. I've been to probably 87 clubs in the past couple of days. I've applied at 2. So to help out the employers of SL, here's a little list I've made.

1. Please watch your landmarks. There is nothing worse than teleporting in and being over 100m away from the actual club or having to hunt like crazy for the application giver.

2. HAVE an application giver. It's just not practical to have people IMing your 40 managers to try to schedule an interview for some little dancing job. Best is when you have an application giver and an application box. That way your managers can pick up notecards at their convenience.

3. Don't go crazy with your application questions. There are things you can ask, and things that you really don't have any business knowing. Also stop asking "Why do you want to work at Club Hoochie?" What answer do you expect? Do you think people would really work if they HAD to? The short answer is simple: I need some money. If you want to expand on that: I need some money and I want to meet some new people. I'm not any more qualified than anyone else to dance on a pole, so quit asking insane questions.

4. If you are the owner of the club, please know what's going on. Maybe your managers take care of things, but you owe it to yourself to not look stupid when a simple question is asked.

5. STOP with the crazy lights and particles and other floating junk! Less is more, ok? If I come to your club and I can't move for 10 minutes while all your stuff rezzes, I'm not going to even bother to apply.

I have more, but I'll leave it at 5 for now.

No comments: