Sunday, January 13, 2008

My many faces

Quiet night for me in SL tonight, but that's not a bad thing at all. I did host an event tonight, and it was kind of full for a while. I was happy about that. After the event I went to pick up some freebies, including a new skin. I didn't care for the skin all that much, but I am very partial to the one I got from the Dutch Touch group. I think it's so pretty. But then I started laughing at how different my face looks with each skin I wear.

Faces

The Dutch Touch skin is the one in the upper right hand corner. These aren't even all my skins. Please excuse my resizing skills. But you can see how very different my face looks with just the skin. My shape is actually an Asian styled shape I picked up at one of the Japanese sims, and with one of my geisha skins, I look very Japanese. I have played with the eyes but shapes aren't really what I'm good at so I mostly left it alone. I liked the body alot.

I got an outfit the other day from a lucky chair and the skirt was enormous. I would have to have my body thickness and fat set to probably 30 or 40 and my hips very wide for it to fit. And it wouldn't shrink down for some reason. So I took matters into my own hands and chose to edit the linked parts and I was able to do it that way. As I was doing it, I thought to myself that I bet I could make my own skirt. So that's exactly what I did.

My skirt!

Isn't it just so cute? I made the texture for the skirt panels in Photoshop. It took me about 20 times to get all the panels textured because SL is so weird with things not sticking. It wasn't quite as hard as I thought it would be to make the skirt but it is really basic. I did have to spend the $10L to upload the texture for the skirt, so I guess the skirt isn't exactly free, but I could have easily used one of the free textures that I have and then it would have been completely free other than my time, which was only about 20 minutes anyway.

Modeling lmao

I think I may add a buckle or something to the waistband just to give it something extra but for now I'm really happy with it. I had to run out immediately to my favorite photo place and take pictures.

What's over there?

After I finished with the skirt, I explored a little of one of the Rezzable sims, and then went over to The L Word Orientation Island because I heard there were freebies there.

Wow, were there! I picked up all of the female avatars and ended up with some great new clothes and some very pretty new eyes. The skins I wasn't really happy on me but I'm sure they look great on someone because they are good quality.

I forgot to mention that earlier today I had an impromptu date to go dancing with the guy that Cen and I met at Avilion the other night. You know, the one I said was a charmer. It was really nice to be asked out and we had fun. :)

While I was looking through the new things I got tonight, I thought about how many faces [not just skinwise] that I and everyone has. Just today I've been a blogger, a builder, a designer, a hostess, a friend, and a date. So many things, but all of them good. It's just something to think about.

I think I may go to bed early for once. If this is considered early.

Alicia's Tip Of The Day: Building not only is entertainment, but you might even end up with something useful.

No comments: