Monday, January 14, 2008

More building fun

When I was out scouting freebies today, I came across a free trenchcoat at the store First Impressions. I was kind of disappointed when I put it on and it didn't look very good on me, but being so small, I do have to edit a lot of my clothes. In the January edition of Glamour magazine, as I mentioned in my last post, there was an article about red trenchcoats. After my success with editing that huge skirt I got from the lucky chair, and with making my own skirt, I figured this would be a snap. Luckily all the pieces were modify so I was able to tint the top of the coat very easily. Then I got on a posestand and got to editing. It took some time to get everything edited correctly, but I am so pleased with the outcome! The first pic is the unedited coat, just exactly as it comes out of the folder. The second is what it looks like now.

The Great Trenchcoat Makeover

Do you love it? I paired it up with just black underwear leggings, a black undershirt, and I made a torus for around my neck to be a turtleneck. With my boots that I got when I first came to SL and a necklace that was in the freebie pack I picked up last night, I was ready to go.

Not that I went anywhere really. :) But I did head over to the sandbox and built a bed.

I built it

I'm not sure if I really like it. I do have a bed that has all kinds of animations in it that I got at a treasure hunt, but it's really low to the ground and not modifiable. I guess I could put it on a higher base, but not link it. I'll have to go back and see how that looks.

It's getting late, and I'm growing crosseyed, so I believe it's time for bed.

Crosseyed & Tired

Alicia's Tip Of The Day: If something in your inventory is modifiable, why not modify it? You may end up with something you like a whole lot more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll just repeat what I told you inworld, and which I think is even more valid now I saw these.

Remove that line from your profile which claims you can't build!

Alicia Chenaux said...

:-p It's gone already. I did it after you told me to. LOL

Anonymous said...

impressive beginnings love. long life ahead.