It's not Friday, but as requested by Willow, here's a new meme to fill your Sunday afternoon with. :)
1. Do you remember the first person who helped you in SL, and are you still in contact with that person?
2. Do you stick around in SL for business, or for the people?
3. Who is the most positive influence in your SL?
4. Is there someone who makes you roll your eyes and groan when they IM you or if you run into them somewhere?
5. Is there someone in your SL that makes you smile whenever you notice their name on your friends list, even if they're not online?
6. Do you let people map you? Do others let you map them?
7. If we found out tomorrow that SL was closing, do you think you'd still remain in contact with your friends?
Here are my answers. :)
1. I do remember her, but we never added each other, so we haven't kept in touch. I'm not even sure if she's still in SL.
2. Definitely for the people. I know that a lot of folks make a business out of SL and spend all day building and scripting so they can bring in that money, but money can't replace what friendship gives you.
3. Oh, CeNedra, for sure. :) I was about to give up on SL again before I met her, but her friendship has made all the difference in my SL. :)
4. Unfortunately, yes. LOL Not naming names, but there's this guy I met at the club where I work, and when he IMs me, I know it's to whine about something. Plus he deliberately misspells words to be "cute" and UGH, it's just annoying! Oh, and then there's the guy that messages me every so often to ask if I'm still a virgin and if I want to change that. /me rolls her eyes.
5. Several, in fact. :) And you all should know that I'm crazy about reading profiles, so even if you're not online, sometimes I read your profiles just to do it, and that makes me smile too.
6. I don't mind giving my friends that option. They could just ask me where I am anyway. But right now only one person has the option to map me. He's special. :-p
7. Oh, I hope so. There are some people I would hate to lose touch with.
Eeeps, time for Primtionary!