Saturday, February 9, 2008

Jump me! Take me!

Before I say anything else, I just want to send my prayers and good wishes out to Sandy Clymer of Pillow Talk. She sent a notice out to her group and unfortunately she has a brain tumor and is going into surgery on Wednesday. So please please send her all the positive vibes, prayers, good wishes, or whatever you do because she needs it. I love and enjoy Sandy's work very much, as evidenced in all the photos I've taken out at her amazingly beautiful sim. I'm a firm believer in that if a group of people send out positive thoughts, wonderful things can happen.

Second on my list of things to say - Valryn! Where the heck did your sweater dresses go?? It's still winter! :)

So Mr. Paine and I sat down tonight and played a couple of games of checkers. He beat me. Twice.

Checkers

I TRIED to distract him but he's a fierce competitor! :) I haven't gotten to play many games in SL, since I've always been busy with this or that, but this was a lot of fun. And he's nice enough not to gloat to me that he won. Twice. If it had been me, I'm afraid I might have had to do a dance on the table, like the time Cen and I were out being tough girls and I beat her at arm wrestling.

I'm a good winner. LOL

Oh! And everyone welcome new blogger Violeta to the wonderful world of having people say "Hey, I know you!"

So what's up with all 50,000 new treasure hunts that are popping up? Once in a while it's exciting and fun, as long as it's not super super hard. But I don't know if I'm supposed to be looking for hearts, boxes, or rats in any given location anymore. Sidonie and I were talking about it earlier, and we both agree that the designers who hide their gifts in some completely out of the way hidden spot as if they don't want you to find it are really just in this to boost their traffic numbers. They act like they don't WANT you to have their logo shirt or whatever. If you don't want to participate in giving gifts, don't do it. Just don't waste my time pretending like you do. I'm a busy girl!

Speaking of being a busy girl, I need to head to bed. I'm normally out of the house much more during the weekends than I am during the week and sleeping till noon tomorrow isn't an option. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Psssstt! There is a giant connect four game right behind the Primtionary stadium. I like to play a game or two to check out the genetic stock of potential lovers. Can't be mucking up the gene pool with stupid children. And in the heat of the moment, it is quicker than chess. :-P

OMG - why am I up at this hour? I blame the above comment on exhaustion.

Valryn Vandeverre said...

-looks at the clock- Damnit, I slept till noon!!

Ok sweater dresses, funny you know that dress was the very first thing I made and sold. So I took it down yesterday during a reshuffle of the shop, I'm trying to mentally will it to be spring/summer.

my best wishes go with Sandy does she have a blog?

I have to admit I've been tempted by the whole prize hunt fever thing, should I do something like that or not... but you know... truth is I'd rather give something out, just simple stuff (there is something in the plans but will I get it done in time or not is the question) what drives me mad is the same treasure hunt add I keep seeing over and over and over and over again on the feeds

Swear, I fear for the next person that posts that fucker.

word verfication. 'zgefgs' -sighs- no swear words today kids sorry :)

Sidonie said...

You left out King Meh, which is an important part of Checkers!

Alicia Chenaux said...

Tymmerie - I know that Connect Four! But it didn't work for me the last time I was there. Or I didn't know how to work it. Blonde and all. :)

Valryn - As far as I know [and from a quick google check] she's not a blogger. I think I'm going to go buy something from her. I mean, she'll need money, right?

Sidonie - Hehe, well, yes. But I couldn't figure out how to make "king me!" sound dirty.

Hmm...maybe it does the job on its own.

Anonymous said...

I'm so addicted to treasure hunts, I love looking around and finding things.

However, sometimes it's really hard especially in the current big fashion hunt going on (the valentine/anit valentine) when some of the larger stores had tiny little boxes hidden away. I over heard one girl say she'd been looking for almost an hour! I gave up on 5 locations because I couldn't find anything. But on this hunt the boxes move around so i'll try again.