Friday, February 15, 2008

Going to Church

I don't discuss the "heavier" real world topics such as politics or religion with people unless I know them better, just because I know that's a good way to get in a fight with someone. :) But I am a Christian, non-denominational, and as such, I often explore different churches in SL because I'm interested and because usually they're quiet, pretty places. I was laying on my couch [with my new Pillow Talk pillow!] tonight when a notice came from a group saying that there were free rosaries out at a Catholic church. So, I got myself up off of the couch and went to check it out. But I wasn't there 2 minutes before running into this guy.

Pajamas in church

Yes, I'm wearing pajamas in church. :-p So this guy, when he came in, was wearing jeans and a red cowboy hat. Then he abruptly changed into this outfit. That's a flame sticking out of the top of his head, if you were wondering. He also had a huge bible that he wore for a bit as well.

[23:25] Church Dude: hi
[23:25] You: hello
[23:26] Church Dude: can i buy you something?
[23:26] Alicia Chenaux giggles. Oh, no, that's ok. Thank you for asking. :)
[23:26] Church Dude: are you innocent?
[23:26] You: um...i guess?
[23:26] Church Dude: very good
[23:27] Church Dude: your young
[23:27] You: Not really.
[23:27] Church Dude: i like your shirt

Now any normal person would have gotten her pajama clad butt out of there, but I didn't have anything else to do, so when he told me to come explore the church, I went along with it.

Church dude

The church itself is very nice, and very much styled after a Catholic church. There are poseballs with rosary animations and everything. But Church Dude was almost frantic with wanting to pray and for me to see things. It was kind of amusing, but kind of weird all at the same time.

[23:29] Church Dude: come this way
[23:30] Church Dude gave you Holy Spirit.
[23:30] Church Dude: this is my gift for you
[23:30] You: oh thank you. :)
[23:30] Church Dude: it will give you many bible passages
[23:30] Church Dude: and read to you
[23:30] Church Dude: as you walk
[23:30] Church Dude: it has many
[23:30] Church Dude: come with me please
[23:30] Church Dude: you need a bible too
[23:30] Church Dude gave you Bible.
[23:31] Church Dude: sit here
[23:31] You: yeah, you know, i'm not really into confession. lol
[23:31] You: but thanks!

Oh yes, you read that correctly. See, there was a confessional booth. I don't know what he wanted me to say, but I sure as heck wasn't going to confess to some guy with a flame sticking out of the top of his head.

Oh look...an update to Windlight. But people are saying that the IMs are now all in bold and the installer is in German. Hmm...maybe I can wait before installing it this time around. LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello :D, about the windlight ...i´ve installed it like 2 mins ago, and i got it in english :D

Andria Meredith said...

Oh honey, there's a lot of strange people in SL....but you have a knack for finding the cream of the crop!! (Or them finding you, perhaps?)

On one hand, it's kind of cool that he can have such a religious experience on SL...on the other, I would have ran for the hills a long time before you did, brave brave girl. ^__^