Friday, February 22, 2008

Getting Rid Of Miss Crankypants

I think I've finally gotten out of my Miss Crankypants mood. It only took...oh, 12 hours or so. LOL

So I was supposed to host an event tonight, as I usually do on Thursdays. Guess who didn't show up? But honestly, I was NOT in the mood to DJ, and since it was extremely slow, we just canceled the event. I can't say that I was disappointed.

I am on the hunt lately for pretty, casual, everyday dresses. You see a ton of formals and a ton of sleazy hooker dresses in SL, but it's not always easy to find something that is just cute that you could wear out to shop or to explore in. I hopped over to <3Cupcakes [SLurl to the new location] to check out the new store, and I am just in love with the pretty little dresses there! I don't know why I've never noticed them before, or maybe I just wasn't in the mood for dresses. But they're so cute and they fit my body really well. Look at this little darling dress I picked up.

<3Cupcakes Dress

It comes with a flouncier longer skirt too, but I used the slimmer version. It's a little dressier than I was really looking for, but I just couldn't help myself. :) There are several others I have my eye on too, and for just $100L each, I just know I'll be set for dresses soon enough.

Oh! And now that Mimi has moved her store over to the Popfuzz sim, she's in the bargain basement too with other items. I picked up a whole pack of skins for $25L. I didn't need all of them, but now I have my skin tone in bunches of makeup. I am having to fix the lips on the skins to take the gloss off, but that doesn't take long at all. I'm really happy with that purchase!

I spent some time tonight just going through inventory. I deleted well over a 1000 items, and boxed up some stuff too. I don't actually have a lot of JUNK, which makes me pretty happy. But at the same time, not having junk makes it harder to get rid of stuff. :)

Tomorrow I'm going to finalize the rental of my soon to be shop, then get to work taking pictures of the furniture that I've got done so far. I also need to get into Photoshop and make some textures for the bedding. It doesn't REALLY matter so much since the free textures I used have been stretched and rotated and recolored, and I don't plan on selling these for very much anyway, but ... I know they aren't my textures. I also need to finish up these 2 belts that I have so far. I think the photography belt is pretty much going up as it is, even if it is simple. The host belt I need to finish up but that shouldn't take me too much longer. Cen and I were talking tonight about an idea she had and I am going to help her with, and I think we should set up part of the shop for that. The Ch'Know shop will be filled with random goodies. LOL

I think I'll post this, then go find the Friday Five questions so I can post those up before bed. :)

No comments: