Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 151 - The Quiet Dream

I'm sitting here procrastinating. There are many things I must do today, and yet I truly don't feel like doing anything, so I'm sitting here daydreaming. I have this dream, you see. A dream where I wake up when I'm ready to do so. Breakfast is mine and mine alone. The phone stays in the other room. The computer is off. The house is quiet. The couch is empty and I can sit and read without interruptions. It is peaceful and calm. I don't have to tell anyone to get out of my way, move it, be quiet, stop touching me. I don't have to tell anyone that it's going to be ok, that things will get better, listen to medical issues, or provide fake laughter. I don't have to blog, handle notices, receive IMs from people who just want to talk about themselves, or stroke egos. When I'm ready to go to bed, I don't have to worry about the phone ringing in the middle of the night and I can sleep deeply for one night without interruptions of any kind.

Just one single day.

I realize that it's all a lot to ask for. :) I am an introvert and we do recharge better alone, but I'm also a caretaker. And truthfully, I'd probably be too antsy to handle that much solitude for an entire day. I'd worry about my parents. I'd wonder what was happening on plurk. I'd be afraid my notices would cap. I'd miss chatting with my favorite people.

But, it is nice to think about. Once in a while.

151-365

2 comments:

Lost. said...

I hear you... sometimes all I want for myself is a day off. Just one day without all the usual BS. Hang in there...

http://mysocalledfeudallife.blogspot.com/

Casandra Shilova said...

My best friend is an introvert. She was talking about it today.

She pointed out to me that extroverts recharge their batteries in the company of others and introverts recharge theirs in solitude.

It takes her a full day at home (not excluding her husband) to recharge her batteries from being with someone for 3-4 hours. I suppose that includes me. We spend 4 hours together almost every Friday.

I'm not an introvert, for me a major appeal of SL is the social aspect, but I still LOVE a quiet day with no one around.