Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Art Loving

I had a chance to go out to Nika Dreamscape's art showing tonight. I have so many talented friends!!!! She was good enough to put out one of her works for free, but I just had to buy another because as soon as I saw it, I knew it would be perfect for the living area of part of my sky...world. LOL

[If I've never mentioned it before, I don't live in a plain skybox. It's several areas stuck together. I love it because it's big, but I'm not overwhelmed like I am sometimes down on the beach. It's very special to me for several reasons, so I ask that if you all visit the island, you please not disturb that area unless I invite you up. :)]

Anyway, Nika's art gift, Fall Approaches, was just the perfect blend of colors for the bedroom. I couldn't figure out where on the walls I wanted it so that I could be sure to enjoy it. But I remembered back in our old skybox, I had this huge picture of me propped up against the wall. So that's what I did here.

Art in the bedroom


Isn't it pretty? And totally matches!!

The artwork I bought is called Sunset Gazebo. It was just so pretty and I just knew EXACTLY where I wanted it. Above the fireplace in the living room area! I don't have any furniture in there really, except a table and a couple of chairs, and my posestand where I spend hours trying on demo skins and adjusting prims. But I'm hoping Nika's art gives me some inspiration.


Over the fireplace



If you look at the little fountain on the side, that was a gift from Emerald that I just love love love. It's from Jason's Angels, and the proceeds from the sale of these go to the families who are trying to find missing children. She also wrote me an incredibly sweet note, which I value more than the gift itself, but it does make this all the more special to me. I think it fits beautifully with the artwork and in my home. :)

So the goal for Tuesday is to get the Sock Hop area done since I doubt I'll have time Wednesday. I still don't know WHAT I want to do, but I have a vague idea of how it should look. I guess we'll all be surprised. LOL

1 comment:

Emerald Wynn said...

Oh, cool! :D

Shoot, I didn't know about Nika's show. :(