Thursday, November 20, 2008

Grateful

Bella has been doing something in her blog the past few days that I thought I'd do too, especially since Thanksgiving is coming up.

5 Things I'm Grateful For

1. The person who reminds me pretty much daily that I'm worth something, that I'm not stupid, and who has helped me become a better person. I've long thought that I have to do this on my own and that I'm alone in taking on the world, but he's showed me that I'm not alone at all. Even when I'm in a crazy mood, I know in my heart he will always listen to me. I don't always take advantage of that, but I'm getting better at it. :) He makes me laugh, we have incredible fun together, and he encourages & supports me in whatever I do. Things haven't always been easy, but I think that's what makes it so special. I will be forever grateful for having him in my life. <3

2. My unbelievable group of friends. I've had online friends since I was 15 years old, and it wasn't until now that I really understood what it was all about. They are the type of friends you pray that you find. They don't judge you for mistakes that you make, they listen, they don't pry, they're super funny, and of course I think they are all as beautiful as the avatars they have created. Whenever any of us are upset, the first thing out of everyone's mouth is "Whose ass are we kicking today?" LOL To quote a movie I like: "There are people in this world to save you when you need saving, to cover your ass when it needs covering, and who are always there when you need someone to lean on."

3. Second Life. Without it, #1 and #2 wouldn't have been possible at all. Although it has not always been good, every day that I log in, I feel grateful that it's there.

4. Content creators. Oh where would we be without you all?? You make the things that make the SL world so amazing in the first place!

5. This blog and the people who read it. I know sounds like two things, but they're tied together. Through this blog I have been able to really find myself again. Last year I was pretty lost. I was extremely unhappy. I found myself wondering what was the point of living. But being able to express myself in this blog, even when it was just silly stuff that fell out of my head, made an enormous amount of difference. The people who read this blog and take the time to comment or IM me in world have helped so much in so many ways.

So that's my list for today. I know, you were probably expecting something a little more superficial. :) Maybe I'll do another list later on as it gets closer to Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

Tristan Micheline said...

Great list Ali. You are truly a kind person and a great friend. I am grateful to eb able to call you my friend. *hugs*

Dyami Jameson said...

Nice post Ali. If it wasn't for this blog I wouldn't have met you! I'm thankful that I've gotten to know you over this past year.

Natasha Burke said...

Greta list indeed. Like Dyami if it wasn't for this blog I would have never met you. I was surprised and happy you left me in your group. I am glad to call you a friend. I also glad for the group, I have met some great people through it. :D *hugs* <3

C said...

Hey you stole my answers! LOL

I'm thankful you are happier than you've been before, I'm thankful for you, for your blog, for your friends (many of which are my friends too) and for SL are we wouldn't have met.

LOL my word verification is match.