Saturday, November 8, 2008

Oh, this is some babbling.

Ok yes, my poll ended and I have to say...little surprised at the outcome. LOL I'm even more surprised by the people who have IMed me to say "Yes, please set me up with a nice person!" As I told the girls earlier, I want to work out how to do this so that I don't end up setting anyone up with a pervert. Well, Laleeta has requested a pervert, but you know, I don't want anyone TOO pervy for her. :-p I have a pretty good idea in my head of how I want to do it, but give me a few more days to work out all the kinks. Um. No pun intended. :)

I've been suffering just the WORST headaches the past week. Today hasn't been bad at all, and I am really beginning to think there are 2 real causes to my headaches. Stress and vision issues. The vision issues are totally my fault. I practically have to be pushed into the optometrist's office because I hate the glaucoma test and because I feel REALLY weird having someone staring into my eyes and being all close like that and they didn't even buy me dinner first.

The stress part...Well, there's not a lot I can do about a lot of it. I can't snap my fingers and restore health to my parents, bring people back from the dead or from wherever they're hiding, fix my RLBF from being a jerk half the time, or anything else that is beyond my control. All I can do is control how I respond to what comes up. Unfortunately controlling it the way I do means I'm usually just running around trying to lift everyone's spirits and not bother them with any of my problems, and then...boom! Headache!! Usually followed [or sometimes preceded] by an incredible down mood. I was discussing my headaches with my mom today and she said that it is hereditary, as tension headaches and migraines run in the family, and usually start for the women in their early 30s. Wow, thanks! Just what I always wanted! :-p

But today was a good day. No headache. Very minimal stress. And Shiny Things socks. LOL I guess we'll see what tomorrow holds.

Ok, let's start a new thing in here. Everyday I usually have some song absolutely STUCK in my head. Sometimes it's a song that's just on the radio, sometimes it's one that I haven't heard in years. And for some reason, today's song is one that I haven't heard in a long long time. So....

What the hell is stuck in Ali's head today?





I only got about 2 hours of sleep last night. To say I'm exhausted would be an understatement and thank god for the backspace key because I'm typoing like it's my job. I'm going to go curl up in bed and see if I can't get some sleep into me to take away these super dark undereye circles. Goodnight!

No comments: