Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Leaving again

Hey guys, tonight's pit party is cancelled because I'll be on my way out of town tonight when the party should be going on. My mom's cousin has been dying of cancer the past few months and passed away yesterday. We didn't intend on going since we were just down there, but my dad said we needed to go and pay our respects. My dad isn't a talker, he can go days without speaking if the mood strikes, but when he speaks, we listen.

I am still sick, but I went to the doctor today and got a shot and a z-pack, so I'll be ok, although I'm sure after we get back home, which will probably be Friday night or Saturday sometime, I'll be ready to just crash into bed and not emerge from my nest of pillows until Monday. lol I kid, I'm sure I'll be fine once I get back.

Unfortunately this meant I had to go shopping today for funeral clothes. Believe it or not, I'm NOT a big shopper. In fact, I think it's been a good 3 years since I bought anything besides jeans & tshirts or sweaters. I hated the way everything looked on me. I moaned because I had to try things on. I thought to myself "Well. It's kind of like a demo, isn't it?" I delighted in a half price sale that turned my $100 dress into a $50 one. I bitched because I cannot walk in heels. And I laughed wildly to myself when, at the register, I saw a girl I used to go to high school with, a former cheerleader...buying clothes in the plus size department. \o/

Anyway, I need to finish packing, although I wasn't really unpacked from the last trip, burn some CDs, try to get a hold of Levi because I just need to hear his voice, and then take a small nap. We'll party soon, my friends, I promise. :)

7 comments:

nikadreamscape said...

Sorry you're having a crappy time right now, Alicia. I'm sorry for the loss of your family member, and I hope you get to feeling better VERY soon. Take care of yourself!

Writ of Hocus Pocus said...

I'm so sorry Alicia *hugs*

C said...

Oh no - sorry to hear that
*hugs*
See you soon, you are in my thoughts.

Nikki Zenovka said...

sorry to hear about the loss of your mom's cousin, and that you're feeling unwell on top of that..

oh, and that you had to shop in RL. If only RL shopping was as easy as SL shopping!

seriously though, take care and hope all is better soon!

Casandra Shilova said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Casandra Shilova said...

I deleted the comment. It was awkwardly phrased in the extreme. Not that I'm all that eloquent anyway - lol

Ali, I'm sorry to hear about her death. It will be a difficult few days for you made worse by not feeling well. Take care of yourself, while you're trying to be there for your family.

In high school I was a big size 16 - graceless, shy and sure everyone was making fun of my weight. My husband's cousin was slender and very popular. At college, I dropped the weight. When I saw her next, she was quite large! I confess I felt a bit smug.

Seren Dawes said...

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. You've had a dreadful month; I'm sending lots of healing white light your way.

And I HATE shopping IRL...but SL? Oh goodness. If only RL was as much fun, and I looked half as good! Anyone know where I can find a "silent sparrow" IRL?