Sunday, July 6, 2008

Skin Mission

Ever felt hungover but you totally didn't drink the night before? That's how I feel today. Kind of sick and headachey. But since I have not touched alcohol since last year, I'm not sure what's up. Maybe I slept too long. Or too little. Or maybe I'm hungry. I just don't know and that's bothering me.

The following skin review is JUST my opinion and your mileage may vary. I was not asked to review and I do not know the designer. I just like giving opinions. :-p

I sent my alt in undercover for me today to the re-opening of Minnu's skins. Not because I didn't want to be seen, but because unlike me, my alt looked beautiful in the old line. And because she hasn't been in world since March and I felt sorry for her. In the old Minnu skins, I looked mean as a snake, something many of you shared with me, but my alt looks a lot different from me, and so she could wear the MMS skins with no problems. [Although she did just try demos from there. She's a poverty stricken wench and never could afford a real skin.] I figured if the new line looked good on her, there would be no reason for me to go try them on, because I would probably look angry, hungry, and mean again.

After mucking through the lag, I managed to get the gift on the front desk before I crashed. After coming back, I snuck my alt into one of the Viper Pit apartments, stripped down, and tried them on.

The new skins look horrible on her.

I'm not saying they're horrible skins. Not at all. But on her face...Yikes. LOL I was actually pretty surprised and wondered if somehow my alt's shape had changed. But since she only has one shape, that wasn't a possibility. I even put back on the old MMS skin demos on her and switched back and forth just to see if my eyes were playing tricks on me. They weren't.

But I knew what this meant. I was going to have to go myself and get the gift to try them on. I mean, my alt and I are totally different in the face. So if she looked like that, then I may look good!

Nope.

Zero skin - Minnu Model Skins


These don't fit my shape at all!! I look mean, and kind of bloated. Of course, I do get mean when I am bloated, so... LOL There were some things I liked, like the light skin tone in general, and the tummy & belly button, but the face is always the most important thing to me and this face is not a good one on me.

Anyway, looks like this line is again off my skins list, and I'll go back to my beautiful Free Speerit & La Sylphide skins that fit my shape and make me look gorgeous without even a face light.

But go grab the gift and try on demos. Really, just because I don't care for them on myself doesn't mean that you won't like them. Check out Phoenix's post about them because she looks really pretty in the skins. Go there with an open mind and try them on as you would any new skin. Maybe you'll like them and maybe you won't...but at least you'll get the absolutely wonderful free eyelashes that are in the gift bag. :) I think there's a male gift out there too, but I didn't pick it up. Maybe later I'll go and get it just to try it on a male shape. Or if Levi logs in, I'll drag him out there with me and make him get it just so I can see what it looks like.

My headache seems to have gone away some and I'm not feeling as sick anymore, so I think maybe I'll go try some lunch.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

I love Minnu skins. The only problem is I don't know how to make them look good on me :( I love the pictures and I've seen other people in them who look fabulous. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Skin shopping in general is stressful. I've had the same Nomine skins for ages. They are ancient but they are the only skin I feel comfortable in lol. I keep looking. Hoping I'll find my perfect fit lol

Honour McMillan said...

mmmm Used to get that hungover feeling all the time - thought it and brain fog in the afternoon/evening was normal. Along with a bunch of other stuff. Found out a year or so ago that I've had food allergies most of my life (think milk, eggs, tree nuts, peanuts, lots of fruit and vegies). You might want to get tested - just a thought. Hate to see somebody else wait til their 50's to discover this. So easy to take care of once you know. :)

Anonymous said...

Saw the pics on Phoenix's blog, don't like the lips at all. Can't say much other than that. I don't have any Minnu skins, I haven't been able to bring myself to pay 1000L or more for a skin lol (so I pretty much live in 1L skins, thank God for the Eloh Eliott mods :P)

Heather said...

Actually this is probably the first time I've seen a Minnu skin on someone and liked it. Usually those skins remind me of a Swedish waif model. (No offense, Swedes are beatiful) But I really like it on your avi. Almost enough to go try on a demo. Well, almost. ;)