Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hanging Out

I think this might be my goodnight post, even though it's only 8:30, because I am beat. No nap today! Plus, my darling partner let me talk his ear off earlier [type his eyes off?] and I'm feeling a bit non-typey now.

If you haven't been by Sai's store, Imperial Elegance, why the heck not? [SLurl] We all knew she was working on a free AO for women, a casual one that doesn't have you with your arms ridiculously over your head or your hip jutting out to the side like you're asking "Hey sailor, how much for this?" It was exciting to see how many people RAN out there the moment it was announced she had it up. Of course, that also meant I couldn't go get it until this morning because, I swear, she had 55 people in that store yesterday after it got announced. At one point, IE was as packed as Truth, and Truth is having that big sale. Sai also is discontinuing a lot of the things she's made, like the totally cute teeny skirts and some jewelry and other things, so everything on one wall is $1L. I bought almost everything on the wall. LOL So go on out there and pick up stuff, and play with her poses because they rock. And I'm not just saying that because she's my friend either.

Levi and I hung out with our friend Jet earlier today. Jet is definitely one of the most talented women in SL that I know. She's been working on making hair lately. I have shown one of her geisha hairs in the blog before, along with a kimono she had made. That's the thing with Jet - she's good at so many things! It's almost a bit sickening. :) Ok, yes, I'm jealous of her talent. :) She showed us some rooms that she's made, including an awesome train skybox. The windows inside have a scrolling texture that makes you think you're actually riding in a train. It's so amazing! You can see some of the pictures Levi took of us in various rooms she's made on his Snapzilla page. I was so busy gawking at her work, I forgot to take pics!

If you don't keep up with such things - looks like the Greenies are going the way of the Black Swan, according to this blog post. I realize that the Rezzable sims need to make some money, but at the same time, it sucks because there are people in SL who don't have a lot of money to pay for membership rings or Greenie avatars. Face it, who's gonna pay $500L for an av that they probably aren't going to get much use out of? I have a Greenies av that I got during that hunt, but I sure as heck wouldn't have bought it just to go into the sim. But...that's just me. I probably wouldn't mind paying the $99L for the membership ring, but then I'd feel like I had to keep going back, at least 2-3 times, to get use out of the membership. It's like when you buy a season pass to an amusement park. You may not even LIKE the park all that much, but you force yourself to go at least twice to pay for the pass. [And yes, sometimes you do buy the season passes because your family or friends want you to, not because you actually enjoy the place. It's usually cheaper anyway.] I truly hope that all of the Rezzable sims don't do this pay thing. The sims are some of the most wonderful in SL, it would be a shame for them to stand empty because people can't afford to go there, or won't pay because they don't like the idea of paying.

I'm about to fall asleep here at the desk. Have a nice night everyone.

No comments: