Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Episode 305: The one where she bitches about group limits again

I've been sitting here for the past hour happily grabbing some new songs for tonight. I'm sorry, I'm still in love with mash-ups and remixes and cover songs. :-p Apparently Punk is not only going Pop, Punk is going Crunk, 80s, and I'm sure country is next. LOL

But in between my downloading, I've been catching up on blogs and I'm really starting to have an issue with group limits and, to a smaller degree, group owners.

Now, I completely understand that group owners don't like to see their numbers changing every time they give out a gift. However, they can't expect that their group is SO awesome that people will never have to leave it. I've been in several groups that I had to leave for various reasons. But I like to know that if I need to, I can rejoin. Heck, even if you charge $1L like the Calla group, that would be fine. Or move to a mailing list or subscribe-o-matic. There's no reason why the big stores that make a good profit in SL shouldn't have a subscribe-o-matic, despite the monthly cost. ESPECIALLY since there's always the RULE about how there's to be no chatting in their groups. Do the subscribe-o-matic, then remove the gift out of the machine right after it's sent out. Then you don't have to shut your group enrollment down for a month while your super fab gift is in the group archives.

I swear, one day I'm gonna go on strike about this. LOL

I better get dinner going. I'm starving, but I got caught up with all the crazy songs I've been getting. :)

1 comment:

Layne Jewell said...

ok i had to laugh, i do listen to some punk bands that have covered country music. LOL yes it is everywhere. hehehe