Thursday, May 8, 2008

Looking over the gossip fence

Alicia Chenaux rests her elbow on the fence and drinks her coffee. "Did you hear what I heard was going on at Shopping Cart Disco?"

The truth is, Cen reads a lot more blogs than I do during the day, but she is very good about letting me know what's going on. When I got an email from her today that started with "OMG," I knew it was going to be good. So apparently those Minnu skins that some people just love-love-love but I can never ever-ever-ever get to work on my shape are under fire from the creator of some skins on Renderosity. You can go to SCD to read the drama. Personally, I don't care for MM skins. It's one thing to use a photo for eyebrows or something, but I like my skins to be beautiful and not so realistic that I feel like I'm wearing someone else's skin. It's just icky to me.

But it doesn't matter to me since I was boycotting MMS anyway because of their essay writing review board dance under the light of a full moon wearing a cake on your head group acceptance policy. :-p Not that I've ever bought a skin there. The free ones I've gotten look like hell on me, and they're too darn expensive anyway.

So back to my favorite topic - ME! LOL If you ever doubted that I do sleep well into the afternoon, just ask Levi, who called me at 3pm and woke me up. :-p But I can't think of a nicer way to be woken up, and I'm NOT a morning person, whenever morning is for me. We only talked for a couple of minutes, and I couldn't hear him very well over the noise of the airport anyway, but it was so nice to be able to talk to him just briefly. :) I won't hear from him again until Wednesday. :( I'm totally totally bummed out about that. But I'm busily making signs for the pit pointing out the camping we have in the back, so hopefully I'll have campers to play with while he's gone. And I have to get my butt back to reading because he's already halfway through Snow Crash, and I know he'll finish it on the flights this week. We won't be able to talk about it if I'm not done with it by the time he gets home!

I'm making some signs for the pit to point out the camping and weapons we have in the back, since most everyone lands in the courtyard. I'm trying to find a clip art arrow that doesn't look crazy after I scrunch it down. It's a bit harder than I thought it would be!

Oh...or I can just go to the arrow clip art page and pick one of the royalty free arrows there. lol

Whew...I'm hungry. I think it's time for breakfast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i was watching chelsea lately last night and guess who was on there. elizabeth brinkly, and she reenacted the "i'm so excited, i'm so excited, i'm so..... scared!" line. it was priceless.