Monday, April 7, 2008

Get a job, hippie!

I can't believe I didn't mention this before. The other night I was in the club when I got IMed by Roboto Battery of Hippie Pay. I know, I didn't realize it was a real person either!! I thought he was just a bot that paid out money. Back when I first started on my $5L A Day project, I used Hippie Pay machines to pad my account up a little, since not buying $L is an ongoing game I play in SL. It's very simple to do and you can even do it when you're not in world once you get your page up in your browser. My advice is to make an email account JUST for using Hippie Pay, since you are going to be hit with a lot of email later. Of course, I used my primary email for some of the things, since I actually enjoy some newsletters. :) Roboto also said there's camping on the Hippie Pay island [SLurl], but it's not camping where you're stuck to a poseball. Being curious, I went over to check it out. And sure enough, you're not stuck. You just have to open up the Hippie Pay page by clicking on a terminal, and then click on Start Camping. You'll have to open it up in your own browser, not the browser that SL has up now, because the Start Camping link will give you a popup that you need to have open while you're on the island. The more surveys you fill, the better your camping rank is, so the more money you get for camping.

[I filled out 4 surveys while I was there, but with SL lag, I only got paid for one. So survey filler-outers beware the SL Lag monster!]

I also picked up a Hippie Pay ATM which I'm going to put at my store, so if you don't want to go to the island and you just want to fill out some surveys for a few bucks, you know where to go. :) Plus part of my commission from that is going to go into the Viper Pit tier bucket.

If camping and surveys aren't your thing, the club I work at could use a few hosts and DJs. Preferably hosts, I think. So if you're looking for a job that doesn't require you to take your clothes off and you love rock & metal music, along with being completely crazy, IM me in world for an application. I think preference is given to those who have more flexible schedules. Our problem lately has been that those of us who have set hours aren't always able to come in when someone is needed in a pinch. I try as much as I can to help, but of course I have a whole lot of other things going on that keep me from running up there when someone needs me.

Ugh, I'm starving! I must eat!

No comments: