Sunday, June 29, 2008

3 Things

I've been finding myself not shopping as much as I used to, or even going on freebie runs. It's not that I don't go out and look around. I do. But it takes something extremely special to catch my eye lately. It takes an unbelievably special freebie to catch my eye. But combined with the fact that I pretty much hate all my clothes lately, I'm in a very anti-fashion state these days. I look at a few fashion blogs, but everyone blogs the exact same stuff. And half the time, I can't tell what I'm looking at anyway, or it's just crap and shouldn't have been blogged in the first place. Just because something is free or on sale doesn't mean it's blogworthy, you know.

I don't know what the deal is. I have an inventory full of beautiful clothes. And I know there are nice things out there. I just... I don't know. I hate the way everything looks on me these days. I'm sure I'll get over it but I hope I get over it quickly because it's getting REALLY hard to get dressed lately. LOL

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Do you ever see people in SL or read their blogs and wish that you were friends with them? Or maybe you have them on your friends list but you're not actually friends, but you think you could be if you weren't shy?


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I'm getting addicted to showing you all YouTube clips. LOL Anyway, some people say this one was fake, but I don't care because someone falling down is funny.

You never break ranks!!



11 comments:

Sehra Kauffman said...

LOL, and I just blogged clothes!

Sai Pennell said...

OMG! I'm going through the same exact thing! I've not been blogging on my fashion blog much at all lately, because I just... can't find anything I like -.-

I've also been wearing the same two outfits for like, the past week or so - just because I'm going through the same thing of "blah clothes" right now. XD

Heh, your question is really funny to me, Alicia - there are several bloggers that I would love to be friends with. I read their blogs all the time.. I love how they write, and always seem so fun. However, since I am not very social, I can't bring myself to IM them with a "Hi!". XD

C said...

The funniest part Ali is that people probably think the same thing about you, and you are totally friendly and welcome new friends so they probably do too!

Unknown said...

I get fangirl-ish about certain people and that stops me from being more casual with them. If I got over that I'd be im'ing them more and I think my SLife would be richer for it.

Terri Zhangsun said...

I know one reason why I don't reach out more to people on my list or send a friend invite is because I don't want to bother them. I guess, I think everyone is busy and I don't want to bother them with an IM.

Anonymous said...

I've written about and phtographed some free clothes because I think I tend to go places that some people who read my blog might not be going, so they might get exposed to new things. and it gives me something to write about and an excuse to take pictures. :P I'm a total shopping addict.

Casandra Shilova said...

Yes, I have certainly had that reaction to reading a few blogs. And one of the bloggers asked me to friend her after I started commenting and dropping LMs on her for photo shoots. :)

I'm shy, but I'm pretty good with IM conversations. It takes me a few times of being round a group to start talking. I think I could be friends with one of the people on my list, if she would open up a bit.

I've stopped shopping as much too. If the name of the person who sent an announcement doesn't catch my attention, I don't read it.

Anonymous said...

Do you ever see people in SL or read their blogs and wish that you were friends with them?

*cough* Yes *cough* You, Ali ;)

I haven't dared invite you to my friends list because, well, because I'm shy and also because I'm afraid I might end up being one of those friends you never talk to (due to time differences and never being online at the same time) and then end up getting pruned off the list eventually! *gulps*

Nuuna Nitely said...

Yes, you and Cen seam lots of fun.:) Just my kind of girls "little" wacky and very, very funny.:) But oh well, these stuuupid timezones. And I would never, never IM somebody "famous" I just cam them.:P Yeah, I have cammed you both once.:D

Jeff said...

There, I think we just solved it. Apparently we all blog because we're shy. Or just too polite to send random IM's to people we think are cool.

Therefore, I think for the month of July, I'll try sending a friend request to every single person (including myself) in the Ch'Know group and see how many acceptances I can get.

I'm pretty sure I'll get at least one approval. Unless I cannot add myself to my own friends list, then I might be hosed.

;-)

Calista Janick said...

lol....I don't add people to my friends list, I guess in that way i'm kinda shy :p, so a lot of people I'm friends with aren't even on my list! lol, and I probably wouldn't have added any of the bloggers if it had not been for the excuse of having to tp you all! :p