Monday, June 30, 2008

Toast?

Ok, so Tymmerie says I should use one of my posts today to talk about the toast fad that's been hitting the grid. So here we go.

The truth is... I have no idea. Toast didn't seem to hit my group since we seem to be Blingis! and fishing and various desserts oriented. So either we're ahead of our time or we're just crazy. I'm betting on crazy. LOL

I did a little research on SL to see if I could figure out what's going on. I was going to ask Akasha Wachmann of Catnip, as she's made a lot of toasty items, but she wasn't online and I think that would be the craziest offline ever. "OMG, what's up with all the toast?!"

But I did discover that there are groups dedicated to toast. There are gestures and sounds and lots of toast items. However, there was no one set answer.

The most I can get out of it is that someone decided toast was the new black.

Oh, and this song from the Bob & Tom Show may have something to do with it, but that's just speculation on my part.






If anyone knows the real answer, we'd love to hear it.

7 comments:

Sehra Kauffman said...

Bah, cake is the new toast. :D

Terri Zhangsun said...

Never heard of it before. The toaster at the Disco party was the first toast-related thing in SL I have seen.

Cailin Navarathna said...

I think I have to disagree and say cupcakes are the new thing. At least with me, anyway. :]

Anonymous said...

bah to the new things.. kick it old school toast /me runs and hides

Anonymous said...

the disco you kinda missed was very toasty in theme. there was a toaster, and he was chucking toast. it was nice because I like toast even when it's launched at me.

C said...

It's as I've always suspected, Elusyve is way cooler than me, she blogged toast on her blog long before it was cool. Hmmmm....

Margo Sciarri said...

LMAO!!!