Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fun at Bare Rose

I don't quite "get" oil. For events or some photographs, I think it's fine. But these pre-oiled skins look crazy. Even worse are the pre-oiled ORANGE fake tan skins that look like the oil is just white streaks on your body. Glowing skin is lovely and fresh. Oiled skin can make you look noob as hell.

I was out at Bare Rose looking at costumes, and someone with a "Top Model" tag sauntered past. I thought I saw a flash of orange, but surely a "top model" wouldn't be wearing that skin that I hate so much, right?


Model for oil?


Wrong.

Face oil! FACE! OIL! Aren't we taught at puberty that you have to wash your face to keep it from being super oily? Isn't that why we have a multitude of oil fighting products, from toners to oil soaking papers? That girl is one breakout of enormous zits just waiting to happen.

The other thing that got me about her is from the front she looked average sized, although a bit chesty for her height. But then she turned around.


Boom


Not quite a watermelon ass, but definitely not in proportion to the rest of her. So much for top models. The picture actually doesn't do justice to how much booty she had in her pants.

I can't go to Bare Rose without buying something, though. I found this kee-YOOT outfit with all kinds of attachments - hat, wraparound sweater, scarf, necklace, and the best thing of all - a kitty bag!!


Lost Kittens from Bare Rose


Love this bag!! I want to wear it with all of my outfits. LOL The outfit is called Lost Kittens and it was only $140L. Came with lots of stuff, and I probably would have paid that much just for the bag itself. :)

I think I'm going to go lay down. My sunburn from yesterday has made me feel kind of sickly today. Not unusual, but it has been a while. lol

9 comments:

M said...

I don't get the attraction to oil either. I can see once in a while using a LIGHT oil overlay to take like swimsuit pictures, but as an everyday thing? Blech. That's just me though. My island-mate, who I love to pieces, adores body oil. When she found a freebie one she sent me an IM squealing like a fangirl and has never taken the thing off.

That reminds me of something else. She just became a stripper at Club Arsheba and had to undergo a training where they gave her a new "approved" shape to wear. When I saw it I was dumbfounded. It has huge saggy boobs, no hips or butt, a skinnier waist than me, and is knock-kneed. I asked if she had edited it and she said no - it was exactly how they gave it to her.

Really, I will have to post pictures of how bad it looks. And the Arsheba girls are supposedly the best in SL? Hmm...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Calista Janick said...

lmao thats too funny, I remember shamefully days back when oil had just come out.....


and rofl those braces, hopefully she doesnt wear them 24/7!

Anonymous said...

Daaaaaamn!! i think its bitchy day in SL...grr ugly people are coming!!! aaaaaaah!! ok, im not THAT pretty ¬¬ but grrrr besides of noobs i hate this people, just look what we got too, and the worst,at celestial studios!!

http://amiyahkimble.blogspot.com/2008/06/will-work-for-food.html

Sehra Kauffman said...

Ummmm, yeah, oil and giant badonk-a-donks are tacky...

And Meara: Approved shape? I would figure that they hired you because you already looked good. (And isn't variety -of shapes- the spice of life?) And then to hear the shape is as horrid as I'm envisioning, wow.... lame.

Alicia Chenaux said...

My braces are awesome! :) But they're also not a 24/7 thing, you have to catch me smiling to see them, I never said I was fashionable, and I sure as heck am not running around SL proclaiming that I'm a top model. :)

Arsheba is making shapes for their dancers? Why?? Are the girls not good enough, or have their guests filled out a survey and "Yes, all girls must look exactly the same" was on it?

Mena! OMG, that post was SO funny! I don't get asked for money, but if I ever do, at least now I can have a comeback. LOL

Nikki Zenovka said...

yikes, face oil??? that's a new one to me.

it would be interesting to get the guys' takes on the oil thing. When I was a nooblet dancer, I loved bling. Nothing super blinding flashing, but lil sparkles on the shoes, arm bands, belly chain.. yep. Funny thing is, the guys seemed to like it too. Or else they were just saying it as a line to approach me with...

Nah, I think they like it. At least the ones that would be attracted to girls that run around like that. And probably the oil too. Throw blonde hair in there, and they're stunned by the shininess. I'd place my bets that she was available for hire too.

Anonymous said...

ooh kitties! I love barerose, so fun and so cheap, they have something for everyone, seriously. but its a madhouse there!

Aisuru

ps already have my disco outfit lined up. made me nervous because i'm so not disco, but turns out I had something nice already :)

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid my eyes will never be the same...
Oh the horroooooor!
I'll have to post one I met at Ivory Tower yesterday it was kind of scary as well...

P.S: My outfit for the disco party is ready too, I just love it! A word of advice don't come inside my apartment without knocking first as you might get blinded by my outfit!